How Can We HelpPERSONAL INJURY CIVIL LITIGATION INSURANCE CRIMINAL DEFENSE Bicycle Accident CAR ACCIDENTS TRUCK ACCIDENTS MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT Pedestrian Accidents WRONGFUL DEATH DUI DEFENSE TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE Workers' Compensation Expungements
Personal Injury Lawyer In Charleston, SC
Being injured in any kind of accident can throw your life off course, especially if your injuries resulted from someone else’s negligent or intentional actions. No one should have to bear the physical, financial, and emotional burdens of someone else’s carelessness and mistakes. But to recover the compensation you need to cover the injuries and other losses you suffered in an accident, you will need to deal with tons of legal paperwork, negotiations with insurers, and the entire personal injury claims process. That’s where we come in.
For more than 30 years, our Charleston personal injury lawyer at Wyndham Law Firm, Robert J. Wyndham, has been helping injured clients in the Dorchester, Berkeley, Georgetown, and Charleston counties secure the compensation they’re legally entitled to. He routinely handles personal injury cases involving:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Lyft/Uber Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Premises Liability Claims
We will work diligently to ensure that the negligent party that harmed you will be held fully liable for your damages.
How Our Charleston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Recover Compensation For You
With the experience and resources of the Charleston personal injury lawyer at Wyndham Law Firm, they will:
- Obtain evidence, such as police reports, witness statements, medical records, lost wages, and other pieces of evidence to determine fault and prove the liability of the at-fault party.
- Accurately assess your claim and calculate all the damages you’re owed.
- Make sure you receive the best possible medical treatments for your injuries.
- Skillfully negotiate with insurers and liable parties. Insurers will have claims adjusters and lawyers working for them, and we will ensure that you don’t get pressured into accepting a low settlement and hold them fully accountable for paying all your accident-related losses.
- Deal with every aspect of your personal injury claim from start to finish.
- Fight for your right to receive compensation in a trial if necessary.
Charleston Personal Injury FAQs
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim in Charleston?
You will only have three years from the date of your injury to file your claim. Failing to file your claim within this time limit will bar you from seeking compensation from the liable party.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Charleston Personal Injury Claim?
You can recover economic damages, which include losses with actual dollar amounts, such as medical expenses, property damage, lost earnings, lost earning ability, and others. You can also receive non-economic damages, which include losses that don’t have actual dollar amounts, like pain and suffering, mental trauma, emotional distress, reduced quality of life, etc.
What If The At-Fault Party is Blaming Me for The Accident?
To recover compensation from the other party, your share of fault for the accident must be less than 50%, or you risk not getting anything at all.